IWC watches from the International Watch Co were the realization of the combination of an American dream and Swiss technology. The watch brand came into existence when an American gentleman named Florentine Ariosto Jones pondered over producing watch movements in Switzerland and selling them in his native country, the US. This decision was based on the fact that Switzerland, impregnated with innumerable skilled watch making craftsmen, was a dearth of low wages at that time. Hence the business mind of Jones was able to judge the situation and take the most from the advantages available from the Swiss watch making laborers. In 1850, Jones came in contact with the watch manufacturer and industrialist Johann Heinrich Moser and the latter demonstrated his approval in Jonesí idea. The idea took shape finally in the form of the International Watch Co in Schaffhausen in the north-eastern Switzerland. In 1874, a novel plant of IWC watches blossomed, thanks to the flourishing business of the timepiece company. With the aid of diligent and skilled technicians and craftsmen, gradually, IWC gained the confidence of the people, sales rose dramatically in Germany, Russia and Austria. But a huge blow came to the happy-going affairs of IWC. In 1944, the American air force bombed the city Schaffhausen and the IWC watches plant did not find an escapade from the fatal event. But the end of war gave a merry revival to the chronograph company as well as the Swiss watch industry. And the revival instilled new lease of life to IWC for triumphing globally till date.